In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(ticket/fare) a precio reducido(ticket/fare) con descuento
- Elderly people are also facing increased charges for meals on wheels - as well as a planned 30 per cent price hike in the cost of concessionary bus fares.
- The last stop on the pensioner's 30p concessionary bus route, it's half an hour from the capital city by regular train.
- Now one of the proposals to help reduce the threat of huge council tax increases is to axe spending on concessionary bus fares.
- That goes some way to strengthening my argument that it is a concessionary tax rate.
- The fee is £37 with concessionary rates available.
- The rise was to fund concessionary bus fares, compulsory waste recycling, increased National Insurance, extra planning staff and pay rises, he explained.
- Now the concessionary rate is available at all times other than between 6.30 am and 9.30 am during week day peak travel.
- The council plans to cut £238,000 in support for bus services and concessionary fares as part of its £10m savings to keep council tax down.
- Metro, however, says the move is a positive step for older and disabled passengers - as they can now enjoy concessionary rates virtually all day.
- However, there is good news for people who get concessionary rates at the three swimming pools, such as OAPs, as some concession prices actually go down.
- Other winners were the city's pensioners, who saw controversial plans to increase concessionary bus fares from 30p to 40p shelved.
- The 50p concessionary bus fare will come into from Sunday, February 27.
- If the WYPTA wishes to generate its income then it should raise other bus fares not its concessionary ones.
- I enjoy voluntary work with hundreds of other retired people who would be unable to do so without the concessionary bus fare.
- About 65 per cent of HDB loans are at concessionary interest rates, charging 2.6 per cent.
- Barrow put the findings on the elderly down to the failure of the Scottish Executive to implement free central heating, concessionary bus travel and elderly care as quickly as older people had expected.
- Spelthorne Borough Council is having to dig deep into its coffers to help finance a county-wide concessionary bus scheme, after Surrey County Council withdrew its support.
- Men and women over the age of 60 are entitled to off-peak concessionary travel on buses and trains throughout West Yorkshire through Metro's Senior Permit scheme.
- City of York Council is negotiating the introduction of a 50p day ticket for concessionary bus fare pass holders with all the companies providing bus services in the city.
- Industries which qualify under these schemes enjoy zero or concessionary income tax rates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.