In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The final choice of heat-sink materials depends on several material properties such as cost, electrical conductivity, thermal expansion coefficient, and outgassing.
- A bipolar junction transistor is provided that includes an intrinsic collector region of first conductivity type in a semiconductor substrate.
- These ions, which include aluminum and silicon dioxide, are chosen for their relative conductivity and form the actual pathways along which current flows.
- Now they have shown a specific way in which the molecule's shape affects its conductivity.
- At the same time, the single-channel conductance is proportional to the buffer conductivity in a wide range of salt concentrations.
- Another significant aspect of this breakthrough is the fact that only one electron from the atom is needed to turn molecular conductivity on or off.
- These mobile charges should make the surfaces conductive, but past experiments have failed to show any conductivity.
- So, semiconductors and conducting polymers have much lower conductivity than metals.
- This cooling results in a measurable change in electrical conductivity of the sensor.
- The upshot is that the ratio of thermal to electrical conductivity depends primarily on the square of the thermal speed.
- The percentage of total salts was calculated from conductivity readings using conversions as suggested by Jackson.
- This calculated conductivity is higher than the measured conductivity since it does not include the inter-conduit resistance.
- One way to prevent flashover is to add some conductivity to the surface of the insulator, so charge can bleed away before it builds up.
- These conductive fibers alter their conductivity in response to stretching, temperature, or moisture.
- Thanks to the high copper content the conductivity of the material is significantly higher than conventional conductive compounds.
- This value is higher than the activation energy of electrolyte conductivity, but comparable to that of other ion channels.
- As more salts are dissolved in the water, however, its conductivity increases and currents begin to flow.
- Measured data may include electrical properties of the volume of interest such as conductivity and dielectric constant.
- The electrical conductivity of a material is defined as the ratio of the current per unit cross - sectional area to the electric field producing the current.
- As expected, the relative change of the effective conductivity is larger for higher volume fractions and higher membrane conductivity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.