In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(substantiation)confirmación femeninowe shall need confirmation of your booking by letter — necesitamos confirmación por escrito de su reserva
- it gave ample confirmation of her acting ability — confirmó ampliamente su talento como actriz
- this is confirmation of what I thought — esto confirma lo que yo pensaba
- But he did so some time after his department had received formal written confirmation of the fact.
- We received a letter of confirmation to this effect over the weekend.
- You will be informed if you cannot enter the system, if it is too busy, and you will receive confirmation when the sale goes through.
- For now, airlines are trying to do this by training thousands of additional workers to recognize legitimate ticket confirmations or ways to search suitcases.
- We still haven't received the mortgage confirmation, which is both worrying and irritating.
- But we have no official confirmation of what that neighboring structure just might be.
- It could be as long as 48 hours before health officials get official confirmation that the two have the plague, he said.
- Once accreditation is approved, media will receive confirmation via e-mail.
- We're waiting on official confirmation that she did indeed leave this route and it's incredible.
- The existence of side letters may be difficult to ascertain, but if the risk is there, sending out confirmations to customers may really be the only way.
- The Netherlands has 14 confirmations of the virus.
- They are inductivists who seek positive confirmations.
- Only last week I received confirmation from the council that planning permission had, in fact, been granted.
- ‘The worst is when we have to go out and do death confirmations,’ she says.
- It's reassuring to receive confirmation that I am not completely misguided.
- After many attempts to verify this relationship, neither confirmations nor denials could be found, only information to evoke laughter and disbelief.
- At the time of writing, no official explanation or confirmation of the circumstances under which he passed away had been made.
- He received confirmation local authority houses were being built in Onion's Field.
- The family here may hold some sort of a press conference later today when they get official confirmation of all of that.
- But he has not yet received confirmation of his place in the 12-hour race.
1.2formal (ratification)ratificación femenino
- However he declined, feeling awkward at events requiring physical contact, such as graduations or confirmations.
- Members attend ritual events such as baptisms, confirmations, wedding ceremonies, and funerals and major religious events such as Christmas and Easter.
- Jewish confirmation includes boys and girls and was developed to extend a young person's Jewish education later into their teen years.
- This especially applies to the parents of the boys and girls who received confirmation in the parish on April 1.
- Birthdays are always celebrated, and christenings and confirmations are celebrated with large parties.
- Important occasions like births, baptisms, confirmations, marriages and deaths were carefully recorded in their big black family bibles.
- It means that we are always having to think of how people can park when they attend events such as confirmations and baptisms.
- At the age of thirteen, he had a traditional Jewish confirmation which was soon followed by an interest in Catholicism.
- Local priests hold religious services and perform baptisms, confirmations, weddings, and funerals.
- The jail may be his favorite place to do confirmations.
- The first time a Jewish confirmation was conducted seems to have been in the modern Jewish school in Dessau in 1803.
- This will stop them inviting you to baptisms, communions, confirmations, funerals and possibly even weddings.
- Don't forget we accept orders for all special occasions (communions, birthdays, confirmations and stations).
- Parents are asked to encourage the children who received confirmation on April 1 to give it serious thought.
- From Barnashrone and Ballyfin schools, 46 children will receive their confirmation.
- Liberal and Reform synagogues have abandoned their erstwhile preference for confirmation over Bar and Batmitzvah.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.