In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conformidad femeninohe shows a slavish conformity to fashion — es un esclavo de la moda
- The influence of autonomous public opinion on legislation ensured that such legislation would be in conformity with reason - otherwise the rule of law would be little more than a cruel and empty phrase.
- In these each aspirant's contribution was judged, in conformity with strict, somewhat pedantic rules, on his song's sacred content: its prosody, its rhyme, and its melody.
- Leaders must act in conformity with these accepted standards as they carry out the activities mandated by society.
- This is generally in conformity with the court decision, save that it puts no controls on when strip searches may be done in a police station.
- The State must evolve a legal framework for development of tourism in conformity with international standards, and create conditions for the promotion of cultural tourism.
- In the first place. it is for the legislature to ensure that national legislation is in conformity with the rules of the Convention.
- If the national measure is based merely upon the international standard, but not in conformity with it, there is no presumption in its favour, but a complaining member must make a prima facie case in favour of inconsistency.
- The staff expressed the hope that the administration and governing board would act in conformity with these standards.
- The new administrators would take their instructions from the party, would be responsible to the party, and would conduct affairs in conformity with the party's priorities and aspirations.
- ‘Apart from the formation of the layout, the state also wants to ensure it is done in conformity with the law and it is also hassle-free,’ he said.
- To what extent is this in conformity with the EU's requirements?
- If, on the other hand, the families of the deceased refused to show mercy and, instead, demanded justice in the form of a life for a life, the State was obliged to enforce capital punishment in conformity with the law of equity in justice.
- We would look at it in conformity with Spanish law.
- The new rules has been formulated in conformity with the guide lines earlier issued by the Supreme Court.
- Treatment of the sewerage is in conformity with the regulations and standards set by the Environmental Council Zambia.
- The staff again urged that the dismissal action be rescinded and that any further action be in conformity with generally accepted standards for academic due process.
- These objectives restate the Government's absolute commitment to act in conformity with international law, including the United Nations Charter and international humanitarian law.
- All surgical interventions and anesthesia were conducted in conformity with institutional guidelines.
- The measures taken are bound nonetheless to remain in conformity with applicable international law.
- For emergency purposes we provide sufficient safety facilities like life jackets for passengers and all are in conformity with maritime regulations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.