In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I will send the confounded package today - overnight - to avoid another one of those joyous little interactions.
- Now, a little older and a little wiser, John finds himself in a very familiar predicament - having to save the world again from those confounded machines.
- I could not decide whether to go for a jog in the confounded cold, or find an indoor facility in one of the neighborhood center to swim.
- Now, in addition to all our other potentially explosive topics, the confounded holidays are here.
- You just go on committing offences that are a confounded nuisance to everyone around you.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.