In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(with traffic) congestión femenino(with people) abarrotamiento masculino
- The car park will also hopefully ease traffic congestion and parking difficulties.
- They are a major cause of congestion and take up too much precious space.
- Free from the weekday congestion, the traffic raced wildly, shifting lanes as if in a video game.
- At the moment traffic in York is being restrained simply by congestion itself.
- Traffic will take to minor narrower roads causing even worse congestion and gridlock.
- Up top the band can often take up a large area of the dance floor and cause a lot of congestion.
- That's the message from a new project to reduce congestion and improve the health of York children.
- This would help counter claims the bridge was adding to congestion in Edinburgh.
- Using a light touch, the therapist helps to clear areas of congestion and stagnation.
- The bus lanes are designed to ease traffic congestion but they remain controversial.
- Many group members are car owners and know only too well the difficulties caused by road congestion.
- This was a three-mile dual carriageway designed to make traffic congestion a thing of the past.
- Traffic congestion is a serious issue which is causing concern to many residents and traders in our area.
- If you are frustrated by road congestion or overcrowded trains you can add your support to our campaign.
- Road rage is not one of my vices but I do get frustrated if I am stuck in traffic either due to road works or congestion.
- Residents fear increased congestion, more noise and rides creating an eyesore.
- Even then there was congestion on the bridge as a result of resurfacing work.
- The incident caused congestion on surrounding roads as police cleared the area.
- This often creates congestion and difficulties with parking and access around schools.
- This will, it is hoped, take traffic off the roads and help to ease congestion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.