In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pago en concepto de peaje que se cobra por conducir en el centro de Londres dentro de cierto horario
- It emerged yesterday that London will become the first capital city in the West to introduce a congestion charge.
- A year on from the introduction of the congestion charge and still payment is causing confusion for drivers in London city.
- Most York people want a nine per cent decrease in traffic and believe a congestion charge could be effective.
- In particular the Green Party is hoping councils will be given the power to levy a congestion charge for air traffic.
- On rural roads, only a single congestion charge is likely to be feasible.
- But it will become less of a problem - just in time for our political masters to bring in their national congestion charge.
- The idea is to limit traffic congestion by extending the idea of a congestion charge.
- We asked people in York how they felt about the council considering a congestion charge for the city centre
- That's not to mention its exemption from the London congestion charge and road tax.
- The apparent beauty of this system over the standard congestion charge is that tag charges can vary depending on the route and even the time of day.
- This has largely been as a result of the introduction of more services to support the congestion charge.
- High parking charges applied universally have become something like a congestion charge.
- All were represented at the meeting, which agreed to demand that management compensate firefighters for the congestion charge.
- The traffic's much worse than London with the congestion charge.
- Gas-guzzling four-wheel drive cars would be charged a double congestion charge under the Liberal Democrats.
- Why, evade the London congestion charge every day for six years and you've saved yourself the price of a brand-new urban run-about.
- The amount of revenue generated by the London congestion charge has also been called into question.
- Both bosses support the possibility of bringing in a congestion charge in the city centre.
- Amazingly, the richest residential area in central London doesn't have the congestion charge.
- The congestion charge is a bold new traffic measure that I have been particularly interested to learn more about.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.