In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the end, two party congresses were held instead of one.
- The panelists, members of a national government advisory congress, intervened and heard the student out, according to one witness and accounts by others posted on the Internet.
- Hundreds of psychologists from all over the world attend our annual conventions, and hundreds of U.S. psychologists attend international congresses and other overseas meetings each year.
- He said the party's national congress was the only body that could change the UDM's position.
- The power to decide on a candidate to steer Namibia's boat for the next five years lies in the hands of delegates taking part in next weekend's extraordinary congress of the Swapo Party.
- Madisha was speaking at the sixth annual national congress of the SA Municipal Workers' Union here.
- At the same time, the party congress was instructive in exposing the political background of the latest round of anti-foreigner and German nationalist agitation.
- He said the party had decided to hold the party congress by the end of the year, so that it could have a greater influence ahead of the 2006 general elections.
- Just a few months later, she won a majority of the votes at the party congress in Dresden in the election for CDU deputy chairperson.
- Finally, she was cheered frenetically at the party congress, where she was elected by a membership that did not want to hear about any more dirty business.
- He said the next plenum of the central committee, scheduled after local party congresses from August this year to before March next year, will touch upon personnel matters for a new party leadership.
- It is now preoccupied by a fight with the left for control of the party at its congress this month.
- In the past, disputes at Green party congresses were often vehement and passionate, although usually conducted on a very low level.
- One might as well propose steak tartare for the banquet of the next world congress of vegans.
- The very notion of an ‘Indonesian’ women's congress foregrounded its nationalist drive.
- At party congresses, the revisionists, who argued for a reconciliation with the existing social order, were regularly outvoted.
- Apart from some holiday speeches at their recent congress, the Socialist Party has been unwilling to even raise a finger against his measures.
- The GAA's national congress in April will vote on changing its structure, which would allow its smaller central council to make a decision on ending the ban.
- The citizens' insurance model favoured by the party congress is a two-sided coin.
- At a party congress held in Berlin on August 27, Germany's recently founded Left Party adopted its program for the federal election due to take place on September 18.
2Congress(in US)el Congreso (de los Estados Unidos)
- It takes money to run the Department of Justice, and Congress controls the purse.
- The House of Representatives is the larger of the two Houses of Congress.
- He ought to go to the Congress of the United States if he wants to wage war.
- Now they are holding midnight sessions of congress to overturn 19 state judges and interfere in people's most personal decisions.
- The President didn't ask Congress to pass a law to give him such authorization.
- On the next day, Congress chose George Washington to be its commander in chief.
- If the Republicans are going to control only one house of Congress, then it would be best if it was the Senate.
- The Congress of the United States and the president of the United States unite.
- She could get seven years and says she plans to take her case to the United Nations and the U.S. Congress.
- This motion will be presented to the House of Delegates at Congress in April.
- Some Democrats in Congress apparently think the same is true of the United States.
- The president of the United States is going to the Congress of the United States.
- This is his way to win the votes for the Republican people up in Congress.
- Sign up for the rally now or send a message to your Senators and Representative in Congress.
- Then, as now, Republicans controlled Congress and Democrats the White House.
- There is only one problem: Congress has not yet made available any money for the program.
- The Congress stood on the steps and sang together, both Democrats and Republicans.
- Soon, the White House and Congress will cut deals, and some funds will be restored.
- As you know, I have spend most of week up on Capitol Hill covering the Congress.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.