In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The power to decide on a candidate to steer Namibia's boat for the next five years lies in the hands of delegates taking part in next weekend's extraordinary congress of the Swapo Party.
- The panelists, members of a national government advisory congress, intervened and heard the student out, according to one witness and accounts by others posted on the Internet.
- Apart from some holiday speeches at their recent congress, the Socialist Party has been unwilling to even raise a finger against his measures.
- In the end, two party congresses were held instead of one.
- He said the party's national congress was the only body that could change the UDM's position.
- At the same time, the party congress was instructive in exposing the political background of the latest round of anti-foreigner and German nationalist agitation.
- He said the next plenum of the central committee, scheduled after local party congresses from August this year to before March next year, will touch upon personnel matters for a new party leadership.
- He said the party had decided to hold the party congress by the end of the year, so that it could have a greater influence ahead of the 2006 general elections.
- Madisha was speaking at the sixth annual national congress of the SA Municipal Workers' Union here.
- Hundreds of psychologists from all over the world attend our annual conventions, and hundreds of U.S. psychologists attend international congresses and other overseas meetings each year.
- In the past, disputes at Green party congresses were often vehement and passionate, although usually conducted on a very low level.
- The GAA's national congress in April will vote on changing its structure, which would allow its smaller central council to make a decision on ending the ban.
- One might as well propose steak tartare for the banquet of the next world congress of vegans.
- The citizens' insurance model favoured by the party congress is a two-sided coin.
- Finally, she was cheered frenetically at the party congress, where she was elected by a membership that did not want to hear about any more dirty business.
- At party congresses, the revisionists, who argued for a reconciliation with the existing social order, were regularly outvoted.
- The very notion of an ‘Indonesian’ women's congress foregrounded its nationalist drive.
- At a party congress held in Berlin on August 27, Germany's recently founded Left Party adopted its program for the federal election due to take place on September 18.
- It is now preoccupied by a fight with the left for control of the party at its congress this month.
- Just a few months later, she won a majority of the votes at the party congress in Dresden in the election for CDU deputy chairperson.
2Congress(in US)el Congreso (de los Estados Unidos)
- Soon, the White House and Congress will cut deals, and some funds will be restored.
- There is only one problem: Congress has not yet made available any money for the program.
- On the next day, Congress chose George Washington to be its commander in chief.
- The House of Representatives is the larger of the two Houses of Congress.
- If the Republicans are going to control only one house of Congress, then it would be best if it was the Senate.
- The Congress stood on the steps and sang together, both Democrats and Republicans.
- This is his way to win the votes for the Republican people up in Congress.
- This motion will be presented to the House of Delegates at Congress in April.
- It takes money to run the Department of Justice, and Congress controls the purse.
- He ought to go to the Congress of the United States if he wants to wage war.
- The President didn't ask Congress to pass a law to give him such authorization.
- The Congress of the United States and the president of the United States unite.
- The president of the United States is going to the Congress of the United States.
- Some Democrats in Congress apparently think the same is true of the United States.
- Then, as now, Republicans controlled Congress and Democrats the White House.
- Sign up for the rally now or send a message to your Senators and Representative in Congress.
- Now they are holding midnight sessions of congress to overturn 19 state judges and interfere in people's most personal decisions.
- She could get seven years and says she plans to take her case to the United Nations and the U.S. Congress.
- As you know, I have spend most of week up on Capitol Hill covering the Congress.
El Congreso es el organismo nacional legislativo de Estados Unidos. Se reúne en el Capitolio Capitol - The Capitol y está compuesto por dos cámaras, el Senado Senate y la Cámara de Representantes House of Representatives. Se renueva cada dos años y su función es elaborar leyes. Toda nueva ley debe ser aprobada primero por las dos cámaras y posteriormente por el Presidente President
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.