In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- High interpersonal congruence should foster harmonious and productive interactions for at least two reasons.
- That is, in order to be homologous, structures must satisfy the tests of similarity, congruence and conjunction.
- Until now America has never had an almost complete congruence between ideological and party identities.
- More momentously, geometric proofs are guided by our deep ability to see points, lines, shapes and their symmetries, similarities and congruences.
- From coincidence, to congruence, to harmony, to synergy, the two films have to stand the new ground that they cut.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.