In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sección cónica femenino
- These three trajectories are known as conic sections, as they are also the curves produced by cutting a cone along different planes.
- The solutions to the equations describing the motions produced by this law are called conic sections - ellipses, hyperbolae and parabolae - which you get by intersecting a plane and a cone.
- He worked on conic sections and produced important theorems in projective geometry.
- For example he shows how to deform a circle into an ellipse and proves other results on deforming conic sections.
- He continued his study of mathematics and wrote a dissertation on conic sections for his doctorate in mathematics which was awarded in 1879.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.