In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Eyewear covers the cornea, conjunctiva, and other ocular tissue.
- Most ocular complications involve the cornea but may also include the conjunctiva, uvea, sclera, retina, and surrounding structures.
- Over the sclera lies the conjunctiva, a clear mucous membrane that protects the eye from becoming dry.
- This happens as a result of the irritation and widening of the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva.
- The remaining chapters include discussions of tumors of the orbit, eyelid, conjunctiva, cornea and sclera, uvea, and optic nerve.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.