In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The translational motion of the piston is then converted into rotational motion via the connecting rod and the crankshaft bearings.
- Minimizing the load carried by half the pistons and connecting rods trims friction and reduces energy losses to the cooling system.
- The connecting rod is attached to a crankshaft, which changes the piston's up-and-down motion into a circular motion.
- The energy captured by such wheels in the form of rotary motion is usually transmitted via a connecting rod to some kind of machinery.
- Today, titanium usage is in the 400 to 500 ton per year range and is making gains in the automobile marketplace in the form of springs, exhaust systems, engine valves and connecting rods.
- This section of shaft leads beneath broken plates to the remains of the steam engine, a crankshaft with connecting rods leading to badly broken pistons.
- Oil is not mixed with the gasoline but remains completely separate in the crankcase, where it lubricates the crankshaft, connecting rods and cylinder walls.
- Strengthened with brass bearings, piston pin bosses and connecting rods, small ends have a trapezoidal shape and thus more bearing surface area to absorb combustion forces, a premium engine feature.
- They value it in critical, highly stressed areas such as connecting rods, transmissions, lubricant pumps and steering gear.
- The piston is connected to the crank shaft by a connecting rod.
- There is also a new connecting rod that is combined with a revised piston design.
- The increased mechanical advantage of the connecting rod mitigates the power loss, but it's a fact of life that power drops off faster at leaner mixtures.
- In an internal-combustion engine, the pressure produced by expanding gases acts through the pistons and connecting rods to push against the crankshaft, producing torque.
- There isn't much left, just the crankshaft and some bits of connecting rod, but no pistons.
- The connecting rod connects the piston to the crankshaft.
- Assembled with aftermarket steel cranks and connecting rods, these engines have exceptional life expectancy.
- For the engine, there are camshafts, crankshafts, valves, connecting rods, and balance shafts.
- Fire investigators found that a connecting rod had separated from a piston and broke through the outer engine casing.
- This fortuitous design confined the damage to just the number six cylinder, piston, and connecting rod.
- The crankshaft and connecting rods are visible through the sides of the engine block.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.