In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Ecologíaprotección del medio ambiente femeninoconservación del medio ambiente femenino(group/scheme) (before noun) conservacionistathe conservation of our forests — la protección / conservación de nuestros bosques
- soil conservation — conservación del suelo
2(saving)conservación femeninoahorro masculino
- They hope to do so by developing alternative energy sources, promoting energy conservation and supporting clean energy production.
- The festival will also raise awareness about natural health therapies, composting, waste prevention, energy conservation and alternative architecture.
- This would require significant readjustments to our lifestyles, including a shift from private to public transport, and a major drive towards energy and resource conservation.
- The government team in charge of promoting energy conservation has no campaign budget and with three members to handle the issue nationwide, are short of staff.
- Next year we will be working on a transmedia project that deals with the intersection of energy conservation and personal lifestyle.
- The Councillor also asked if the Government would consider further promoting energy conservation, in a bid to get people using less power.
- More of these crop dollars chasing crop production must be used instead to stimulate resource conservation.
- So, we might ask, how do we know how to strike a balance between conservation of resources for the future, and consumption today?
- Let's talk about energy use, conservation of resources and actually being innovative rather than sentimental about what cities in the 21st century might be.
- Organizers plan to continue the energy conservation and tourist promotion program for at least the next 51 weeks.
- It would solve real problems: energy conservation, sick-building syndrome, resource depletion.
- All the scientists I've talked to tell me that the best we can expect is to meet about 25 percent of our energy needs with renewable resources and conservation.
- Environmentalists worry that such thinking fosters lax attitudes about earthly issues like global warming and resource conservation.
- And some have gone even further, fighting waste by taxing landfill space or encouraging conservation by taxing electricity and water.
- However, there have been few attempts to base modern policies of resource conservation and management on customary ways of doing things.
- The package emphasizes energy conservation, organic certification, better environmental accounting and environmental legal aid.
- Issues of future adaptability, energy conservation and economy of construction have all been addressed.
- The festival also raises awareness about composting, waste prevention, energy conservation, alternative architecture and local and organic food production.
- Broader efforts to cut back sprawl and promote energy conservation are just as important as personal economies.
- The key is conservation of resources above all else.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.