In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(goods sent)envío masculinoremesa femenino
- Excise diversion fraud involves the falsification of export documents so that consignments of alcohol purportedly destined for the continent are diverted to the home market without payment of excise duty.
- If large consignments of brown trousers and bicycle clips are not being delivered to the back door of Number 10, then its denizens are too stupid to survive.
- As an example, I was given a drug dealer who spoke to his confederates about consignments of marmalade.
- One of the biggest consignments of drugs by mail found was more than 16,000 ecstasy tablets seized in 2004.
- He'd supervise the delivery of vast consignments of drugs and olive oil until he decided to go into business for himself.
- Other smaller consignments were also stopped, ranging in size from 14 kg to 50 kg blocks, as the drugs were shuffled from storage places to dealers across the south.
- Rather than attack us directly, the Germans have been creeping in the back door by sending large consignments to Ireland which have then been reprocessed and forwarded on to Britain, often under another label.
- If the EU commission is serious about consumer safety all consignments of grain and feed ingredients entering the community should be tested for the presence of harmful residues.
- Typically, criminals will divert consignments destined for a bonded depot straight to consumers where they will be sold without tax being paid.
- The anti-theft tags are designed to disrupt the criminal networks that target consignments of goods destined for high street shops.
- In Nigeria, huge consignments of drugs expired due to lack of effective controls and delivery procedures.
- He said: ‘It's a massive haul, one of the biggest consignments seized and by far the biggest by air.’
- Their familiarity with export licensing and their ability to corrupt officials and hide illicit cargo in legal consignments could all assist nuclear smuggling.
- The minority of farmers involved in this practice pay dealers to deliver consignments of sheep to their farms.
- They had observed deliveries and collections and knew it was the practice of security companies to put the smallest amount of cash into the first consignments loaded into the vans.
- I am further advised that a temporary hold on consignments of beef products from Canada will remain in place until further information is available from Canada.
- The bulk of the cannabis comprised a small number of large consignments, concealed in ‘cover cargoes’, that were detected at Dublin Port.
- He would unlock the warehouse and let the men in, but did not help unload the drugs or hide them among legitimate consignments, such as washing powder.
- Various items have been seized in recent days and weeks, ranging from illicit consignments of cigarettes to more egregious commodities such as illegal drugs.
- Coming back to the US are consignments of drugs, especially cocaine.
2(sending)envío masculinogoods for consignment to Athens — mercancías para ser enviadas a Atenas
- on consignment — en consignación
- Provide a copy for the livestock transporter to complete the transporter declaration for the consignment of pigs and retention in transporter company records.
- There are basically three venues offered to you: you can sell wholesale, or through consignment, or via shows where you are personally present.
- Customers then receive email replies that provide a full status report on each consignment, from collection and delivery times to the name of the person who signed for the shipment.
- The Claimants say it is up to the Defendants to satisfy themselves that any given consignment of goods is legitimate; and if it is not, they act at their peril.
- Provisions for the consignment of liquid nitrogen shall also be fulfilled.
- In the evening, lulled by the callousness of another day of sameness, we cast the issue upon a stack in a proscribed corner of our homes, for consignment to the kabariwalla at the end of the month.
- We specialize in consignment of vehicles and currently have over 100 vehicles on our lot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.