In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nombrePlural consortia, Plural consortiums
- When the project is finished, the consortium breaks up and the separate partners may find themselves competing, possibly in different consortia, for the next project.
- The foreign sales of weapons manufacturing know-how led to the emergence of international consortiums that set up base in many countries of the world.
- This was done for fear of leaving the government open to legal action from the various components of the unsuccessful consortia.
- Many are forming consortia to share the pain if deals go sour.
- Each of the six consortiums had powerful foreign telecoms members, large financial support from both international and Irish sources and each included an Irish member.
- Examples of hybrid organizations include joint ventures and consortia that maximize resources, particularly information exchange between organizations.
- Major automobile manufacturers are setting up consortiums for Internet-enabled procurement of auto-assembly materials.
- The government received 13 expressions of interest to build a second terminal, many of them from international consortia.
- This would create opportunities for Irish syndicates and consortiums.
- In the computer and consumer electronics industries, such consortiums are often integral in getting new technologies off the ground.
- With this in mind, it is believed that a number of consortiums are being organised by development land agents at present.
- None of the six consortiums has been told to work within specific financial limits and the real extent of the expenditure involved will only emerge when they submit their bids.
- The six consortiums all had foreign telecoms expertise, substantial financial backing from both foreign and Irish sources and a recognisable Irish presence on the ground.
- In the twentieth century geological surveys over land and sea areas by national institutions and international consortia of oil companies have covered most of the western half of the Arctic basin.
- It would move the commissioning of care to local authorities, giving democratic control of the health service to locally elected people, with council consortiums commissioning more complex services.
- Evidence showing an association between funding and research outcomes is drawn largely from analysing studies with single sponsors rather than consortia of multiple sources.
- The meetings between the project team which oversaw the competition and the defeated consortiums took place in the late spring of 1996.
- The evaluations will be undertaken by consortia of academic criminologists.
- Such a case would only come after a successful lawsuit against the government by one of the consortiums that failed to secure the licence in 1995.
- For the first time, we're seeing consortiums of competitors come together to work toward eliminating complexity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.