In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A constipated body can lead to a constipated mind, and makes some of us feel moody and irritable.
- You know what we know in bereavement that you're excreting endogenous opioids, and we know that opioids cause constipation, so we can reasonably understand that bereaved people can get constipated.
- You may feel bloated, constipated, or depressed.
- Infants with botulism appear sluggish, feed poorly or stop eating, are constipated, have a weak cry, and poor muscle tone.
- I seem to be somewhat constipated after last night's meatloaf dinner.
- His views and attitudes were formed in naval wardrooms and are more usually representative of public opinion than the constipated gripings of his critics on the left.
- There's a constipated sense about the public space in Australia at present.
- If your baby is bottlefed and constipated, your doctor may suggest mixing a small amount of laxative medicine into the formula.
- This might happen after a very large meal, during pregnancy, if you are constipated, or when you wear tight-waisted clothes or bend forward.
- In a constipated infant, it may be necessary to perform colonic irrigation with limited amounts of sterile saline.
- Sometimes the piles stage a comeback after a number of years if you get constipated and do too much straining, or don't eat enough roughage.
- You mention prescription laxatives for a constipated patient.
- For instance, women often don't take iron pills in pregnancy because they get constipated and assume that this is the effect of the iron.
- This year, all ad agencies seem to be suffering from constipated creativity.
- This release has plenty of gusto when the tracks are taken in moderation, but it's kinda hard to take the band's jarring riffing and constipated vocal delivery for an entire album.
- There are several scenes of this constipated sort.
- An emotionally constipated Englishman is something we're all used to, but when the hero is American you have to wonder what's wrong with the chap.
- I've got pain here and in my back, I'm constipated, my nerves are acting up, my ears are clogged, and my right ankle swells and turns black.
- The ratio of powder to water has been calculated in order to give your baby the right amount of food to water, and prevent your baby becoming constipated or dehydrated.
- Which brings us back to the question of why it is that a people who are so expansive in their love of life should be so constipated when it comes to football.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.