In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(receptacle)recipiente masculino(as packaging) envase masculino
- Toast up a batch on a weekend, and you can store it in an airtight container for weeks.
- Mix fresh cream and transfer the mixture in an airtight container and place in freezer.
- The jewelry she owned was displayed in a glass container in the corner of her closet.
- While you work, pack perishables in an insulated cooler or a container lined with ice packs.
- These can even be stored in an airtight container and served later as a teatime snack.
- One by one she poured the water back into the bowl from the glass containers.
- It is also possible to use old glass containers for other purposes.
- The tube did not make any contact with the glass container or with the pan of the balance.
- Let cool and serve or store in small airtight containers for up to one month.
- Clean your cupboards placing all cereal packets in sealed plastic containers.
- In addition I collect all the plastic bottles and containers and take them to the community recycling centre.
- How we're going to transport all these pots and containers to give us a good start.
- The cookies can keep for at least a week or two, as long as they are properly stored in an airtight container.
- Last week I had left a container of glass and cans to be collected as per the date stated, but the collection was never made.
- There are a few important considerations when gardening in pots and containers.
- Back at home, remove both containers from the bag and uncover the broccoli and tofu.
- The tray goes into the freezer for a couple of hours, then the frozen onions can be moved into freezer bags and containers.
- It is packed in an airtight container such as a foil pouch to prevent it from absorbing moisture.
- Never store dangerous products in everyday containers such as milk bottles or drinking glasses.
- Yogurt pots and cream containers with drainage holes punched in their undersides make perfect plant pots.
2Transportecontenedor masculinocontáiner masculinocontainer terminal — terminal de portacontenedores femenino
- container train — tren de contenedores
- container transport — transporte en contenedores
- container truck — camión portacontenedores
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.