In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contención femeninoa policy of containment — una política de contención
- Opponents of war are making the case that containment works.
- Even in those circumstances, war might well have been unwise compared to a policy of containment.
- And a strategy of global containment is not really a major departure in policy.
- Senior aides say containment is a modest and achievable goal, a prelude to more progress.
- And make no mistake, we don't have anyone who can dominate him, so a policy of containment is the best that we can hope for.
- A policy of containment and deterrence has worked up until now.
- It has to be essentially a policy of containment, of making the countries concerned more attractive to their own peoples.
- There's no peace agreement, no policy of containment or deterrence that works to deal with this threat.
- History tells us that deterrence and containment are the only answers.
- It suggests a policy of urban containment boundaries is one means of avoiding haphazard growth throughout the region.
- Another reason for bringing about a regime change is the cost of maintaining the current policy of containment.
- It's time for a policy of containment, which I hereby revise to include a blockade.
- Postconflict containment by means of sanctions is mostly a failed policy, and its costs are enormous.
- They've had no new weapons system for a decade due to the policy of containment.
- To be sure, there are situations in which containment is an entirely appropriate policy.
- A necessary corollary of the westward expansion of the frontier was the western containment of its indigenous population.
- So, containment works when we pile 200,000 troops on his border but promise not to attack.
- In sum, dual containment remains the correct short-term policy in that region.
- Today we have the tattered remnants of a containment policy, which was reasonably effective for a few years.
- Shelly felt that a policy of containment and negotiation was the appropriate course of action.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.