In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The one mass of land began to break up, and the separating continents took with them living cargoes of animals.
- You're all my very extended family spanning all continents and all time zones around the world.
- The flowers also tend to be very small, compared to the size of the flowers found in other landmasses and continents.
- It even creates news products for maritime and land mobile markets across six continents and four ocean regions.
- With present telecommunication links it is indeed possible to work across the continents.
- As far as the other continents were concerned British capital was centred on the Empire.
- The plan is to sail around several continents before eventually returning to Europe.
- To be competitive in the 1990s, airlines must offer services across several continents.
- The Middle East and tropical Africa were the last continents that Europeans colonized.
- This steep sided sea flows like a meeting place between the two continents of Africa and Asia.
- Thousands died on the seas while they were being shipped like caged cattle between continents.
- In fact, we know that tornadoes have occurred on all continents except Antarctica.
- The history of the Armenian state and people spans over three thousand years and six continents.
- Instead, tectonics has encircled the north pole with most of the great continents.
- This is due to the fact that all the continents had merged into a single landmass.
- Australia was the last of the inhabited continents to be reached by Europeans.
- The experience of war fought across two oceans and three continents turned it into a military hegemon of the first order.
- By the end of my second year there, I'd travelled to most continents, and my air miles account was truly bulging.
- So, after Everest, she resolved to climb the highest mountains on each of the seven continents.
- A child from an extended family may be living across different continents with different cultures and laws.
2the continent — Europa (continental) femenino
- They were sexually continent all their lives.
- They believed that the church should be made up of women and men who were sexually continent and who also abstained from wine and meat.
2Medicinaque controla los esfínteres
- The patients in the study were losing the ability to dress themselves, bathe, use the toilet, clean themselves, and remain continent.
- We compared the risk of urinary incontinence in the daughters of incontinent women with that in the daughters of continent women.
- This provides a mechanism to influence the two muscle groups to work in concert for continent urine storage and release.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.