In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(desayuno de café o té y bollos con mantequilla y mermelada) desayuno continental masculino
- We are providing a choice of a cooked breakfast or a continental breakfast and are hoping people will pop in.
- No scurvy on this ship: All kinds of fresh fruits and juices, fresh croissants and muffins, and yogurt make a substantial continental breakfast.
- Dad reports back in a few minutes: the manager had argued that our meal had indeed been a full continental breakfast.
- We went for our continental breakfast around this time, and had no conversation with our table mates.
- A continental breakfast and a chilled gourmet dinner are included.
- Between this and the continental breakfast they're serving in the hotel, I'm going to be almost set as far as chow goes.
- The Women's Hospital serves a continental breakfast for most new mothers, allows for more flexible breakfast times and provides larger portions of food than on a regular tray.
- The popular student program on Wednesday, April 6, will begin with a continental breakfast and networking session at 8: 15 AM.
- And we are in luck - they serve a continental breakfast.
- Traditionally, meals were patterned after Spanish custom: a continental breakfast, a large midday meal, and a modest supper.
- There's a limited room service available via the restaurant next door, and a continental breakfast is also available in-room.
- After they all went through the lines and had loaded their plates with a somewhat continental breakfast, everyone was feasting quickly, grateful for the relief from fast food.
- What's funny is that, although we offer a European continental breakfast, people come in early in the morning and eat steak instead.
- A modest continental breakfast is an added option at €6.50, but you might want to put the money towards something more substantial in the neighbourhood.
- There's a continental breakfast buffet if you're hungry, as well.
- The exhibit floor opens at 8 am - at which time there is a continental breakfast served, until 9 am.
- Toasts, breads, bagels, continental breakfasts, pates, soups and baguettes presented themselves for our consideration.
- Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 8 a.m. Friday.
- Travellers staying in the hotel's executive floor can access the Executive Lounge and get complimentary continental breakfasts, afternoon tea and evening drinks.
- This includes a continental breakfast - an Irish breakfast is €3 extra.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.