In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1edredón (nórdico) masculino
- Originally the term continental quilt was the standard name used across Australia; some regions of Australia still use this term today.
- The house sleeps 6 people comfortably (4 single beds and one double, with continental quilts on each).
- Bedding to include bedspreads, quilt covers, blankets or continental quilt, sheets, linen and pillows.
- In the early 70s the bedroom revolution was the continental quilt or duvet.
- The old stone cottage is fully furnished with continental quilts, and electric blankets for your comfort.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.