In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contratistaa firm of building contractors — una empresa de construcciones
- The most efficient service contractors are often the cheapest, meaning corners can be cut.
- The site is owned by Wigan Council but is currently being managed by a firm of contractors.
- Children got cross when they heard contractors would only provide recycling bins if they paid for them.
- He started at Walton pit in 1958 before getting a job working for a firm of mining contractors.
- Then the institution I worked for decided to have all their laptops provided by a contractor on a lease.
- This government did not know that most of the fuel companies now employ contractors to deliver fuel.
- One contractor working for the company was killed in an attack in Iraq 15 months ago.
- She married six years ago and lived in Maida Vale with her husband, Steven, a building contractor.
- The local authority, to their credit, arranged a contractor to remedy the situation.
- He grew up on a small country farm in southern Michigan and became a building contractor like his father.
- Outside contractors could provide the service more cheaply without a reduction in quality.
- Jill Russell condemned the use of private contractors in providing substandard food.
- Some households simply cannot afford to employ a contractor to carry out the work.
- It would also increase home care services purchased from independent contractors.
- You could then consider employing a contractor to cut it once in August and to remove the cuttings.
- They told him he would have to pay for a contractor to travel from Beverley if he wanted the vehicles removed.
- The laptop was in the car of a contractor employed to upgrade the Civic Centre computer systems.
- Council contractors provided fencing to keep the area secure and the surface will now be relaid.
- This contract has been completed by a foreign firm and the contractor duly paid.
- In short, the Government is handing over public works to private contractors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.