In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estela de condensación femenino
- There was no smoke or contrails behind the craft, and it made no noise in the perfectly clear sky.
- Like other high, thin clouds, contrails reflect sunlight back into space and cool the planet.
- Sometimes, when we pass very close to or even fly through contrails left by another jet, we can see the twisting motion caused by the jet exhaust which created them.
- The thick, twisting contrails still prevented any visual sightings.
- However, the fact that the volume of air traffic is set to rapidly grow in coming years makes it important to investigate the effects of contrails on our climate.
- Higher and farther to the west the contrails of the aircraft bent around the mountains and merged with the clouds, pointing north.
- The jet engine contrails have have caused most or all the warming observed in the United States for nearly 20 years.
- The jets attempted to intercept and identify the source of the contrail, but no visual or confirmed radar contact was made, he added.
- We also saw lots of jet contrails in the blue sky above.
- If the aircraft was making a contrail, the pilot was to turn back.
- The reason, it turns out, is that American airspace was shut down, and no airplanes means no contrails.
- Commercial airline pilots later reported the contrail over Florida and later over Indiana.
- It's hard to make a smoke plume look more threatening than a far-off contrail.
- Although this complicates global warming arguments, it offers further evidence that contrails do affect climate in some way.
- A couple years ago, I was fascinated to hear about the possibility that airplane contrails have an effect on the weather.
- I suggest it might be possible that fast moving jets generating energy and contrails in an electrically charged atmosphere may be able to form red plasma orbs that were imaged by Nicolas.
- There were no vapor trails or contrails coming off the craft either.
- They speculated that the nuclei of the ice ball could have been lingering jet contrails that then descended through a nearly saturated atmosphere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.