In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contumelia femenino formalafrenta femenino
- And why - if they have actually talked to the police and prosecuting authorities - do they dismiss their ‘scepticism’ with such contumely?
- They helped us understand what we were up against: the proud man's contumely, the insolence of office.
- You're never going to please everybody, but my feeling is there seems to have been less contumely than might have been expected, because we have taken people with us.
- One finds in Wolcot's mock-epic a shower of contumely constantly trained upon epic.
- Nursing her injuries by keeping ‘herself in a state of intoxication,’ Lucy heaped contumely on Peter, their children, and neighbors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.