In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lo cordiallo ameno
- I'm hoping to hook up with friends for dinner and conviviality.
- Breaking bread together is communion, community, the conviviality of friendship.
- In his work on immediatism in particular, I see a kind of joy in ‘everyday life’ - the small acts of conviviality and sociability that make life worth living.
- The criteria for the places you chose to feature in your guide are very different from those of traditional restaurant guides: artisanship, tradition, conviviality and sustainability.
- The celebration dinner at the Bear Hotel was the usual blend of conviviality, bonhomie and generosity that has characterised the club's activities over the years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.