In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bandeja de horno femenino
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a well-greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden on edges.
- Immediately place it onto the flat cookie sheet or board.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and continue with 3 dozen more.
- After three minutes, I put the fried walnuts on a cookie sheet and added salt.
- Transfer dough circles to a cookie sheet that is just lightly greased.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.