In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuaderno masculino(performance/rescue) (before noun) de antologíaa blot on his copybook — una mancha en su historial / en su hoja de servicios
- a copybook landing — un aterrizaje impecable
- I remember writing on a slate and rubbing it off with a sponge, and learning to write using what was called a copybook.
- However, so many handwriting copybooks offer boring, worn-out sayings that do not interest most children today!
- Models are then provided for copying and developing in various ways: usually the teacher's own handwriting and specimens in copybooks.
- The convent primary school in Cappamore is participating in recycling schoolbooks, copybooks, notepads and workbooks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.