In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1copyright masculinoderechos de reproducción masculinoto hold the copyright on sth — tener el copyright / los derechos de algo
- it comes out of copyright next year — el copyright vence / los derechos vencen el año que viene
- This could be sound, pictures, movies or texts that have no copyright, in legal terms.
- Now they seem to think that out of print and out of copyright are the same thing.
- Unlike copyright, patents give holders exclusive rights to a technology for a set number of years.
- The legal system protects intellectual property through patents and copyright.
- Standards New Zealand came and explained the legal implications around copyright.
- This sort of thing is entirely acceptable in the pop world, as long as the end result does not infringe the original copyright.
- Every modern legal judgment concerning copyright, from the Berne Convention to the Betamax case, is on my side.
- They claimed that his new material infringed their copyright on some of his old songs.
- Please be sure all reprints retain the original copyright, source, and author name.
- But for the vast majority of musical artists, their copyrights are a woefully inadequate tool for leveraging their way to a mass audience.
- The most common argument in favour of the distribution of exclusive copyrights is that they provide an incentive for artists and scientists to create their works.
- When creativity is stifled by copyright, the original intention of the law is lost.
- One good reason to register is to establish a public record of your copyright.
- In most countries, organisations have been created which control the exercise of copyright in performing and recording rights.
- Some universities claim outright copyright on any materials produced by academic staff.
- It compels the sharing of that amount between the owner of copyright in the artistic work and the owner of copyright in the literary work.
- We think of creative work as a purely human thing, and wrap invention in mystery and legal monopoly of copyrights and patents.
- Sometimes when copyright on a film expires, all sorts of stakeholders come forward.
- The possession of copyright in published material may also lead to a conclusion of dominance if the relevant market is drawn tightly.
- Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration.
1this film is copyright — todos los derechos de esta película están reservados
- To qualify for copyright protection under the Berne Convention there must be no requirement to register or deposit copies of a work.
- Up for discussion still is how to treat the circumvention of copyright protection mechanisms.
- The whole point of copyright law is to protect works even when they are broadly published.
- There's a huge cost that's incurred when you increase copyright protection.
- Be this as it may, as was seen earlier, form was not important in the attraction of copyright protection in the present case.
- Title and intellectual property rights are protected by the copyright laws and treaties.
- And judges seem to take a much dimmer view of any tampering with copyright protection.
- This document is protected by applicable copyright laws and international treaties.
- The following sites contain useful information on copyright protection in various parts of the world.
- InterTrust has been developing copyright protection and management mechanisms for digital data for a decade or more.
- Equally, Barry may not have made any move on supporting copyright protection technology.
- They invent a new form of copyright protection which is then broken by hackers.
- It is a groundbreaking attempt to protect a fictional storyline with a patent, rather than relying on copyright protection.
- The Register will act as a proving ground for existing copyright protection schemes and as a test bed for future technologies.
- Where, for instance, is the actual damage caused by extended copyright protection for books?
- Creating devices that circumvent copyright protection measures is a violation of the DMCA.
- Why were so many fans outraged when Tubular Bells was released recently with digital copyright protection?
- This very diversity means that the purpose behind copyright protection may not always be the same.
- Forthcoming EU legislation could criminalise Europeans who circumvent copyright protection.
- Having a few years of copyright protection is a good incentive.
1obtener el copyright deregistrar los derechos de
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.