In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cilantro masculinoculantro masculinocoriandro masculino
- Tear basil, mint, coriander, parsley and cos and place in a large salad or mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the sesame seeds and coriander.
- Grind the fennel, cumin, coriander and cloves before you start to cook.
- There are definitely seeds germinating in the basil, coriander and garlic chive trays.
- Grind the coriander, cumin seed and black peppercorns to a rough powder with a pestle and mortar.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, coriander and cumin seeds with the sugar and cook for a minute or two.
- Put chillies, spring onions and coriander in a blender and blitz until finely chopped.
- Flat-leafed parsley looks like coriander but can easily be distinguished by smell.
- Just before the end of cooking stir in the oil and the parsley or coriander.
- Dukkah is an Egyptian spice mix that includes roasted hazelnuts, cumin, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Peel and crush the garlic and mix it with the crushed chillies, ground cumin, coriander, honey and yoghurt.
- Home grown herbs would have included coriander, dill, thyme, opium poppy and summer savoury.
- Ground toasted coriander and caraway seeds are also traditional ingredients which can be added to harissa.
- Add the parsley, coriander and mint and mix it in thoroughly by hand.
- She roasted coriander seeds and black peppercorns and mixed them with ground turmeric.
- Arrange the chicken on a large platter and scatter with coriander or parsley.
- Add parsley or coriander and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
- Pour in a little more oil if necessary, then stir in the onions, cumin, coriander seeds and allspice.
- I put ginger in it last time and added a fistful of chopped parsley and coriander at the table.
- Allow the squash to cool until it is just barely warm, then add the sesame seeds, spring onion, coriander and chilli.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.