In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(suture/consonant) coronalcoronal mass ejection — eyección de masa coronal femenino
- Areas on the surface of the Sun called coronal holes, where the magnetic field is quite open and highly energetic charged particles stream out and hit the earth's magnetic field and interact with it.
- It has long been known to the astronomical community that the fast solar wind comes from coronal holes.
- Stepping out by a distance equivalent to the solar radius, the coronal brightness drops by about a factor of a thousand, to be about a billionth that of the solar disk.
- The images will be used by NOAA and the U.S. Air Force to monitor and forecast solar flares, coronal mass ejections, coronal holes and active regions.
- These gaps, located at the Sun's poles, are called coronal holes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.