In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Lingüística Música Arte Literaturacorpus masculinothe Tolstoy corpus — la obra de Tolstoy
- the corpus of Tolstoy's works — la obra de Tolstoy
- The major data source for the linguist is not a corpus of attested utterances but a native speaker's intuitions.
- The entire corpus of Modern English prose has grown up since, and been influenced by, the works of Tyndale and Coverdale, and during the formative period of the early translations there was little other widely available reading matter.
- Using a sample corpus of educational materials for the Spanish-speaking population, we show that this is indeed the case.
- To answer these questions, authentic learner data has been compared with native speaker data using computerized corpora and linguistic software tools to speed up the initial stage of the linguistic analysis.
- This text is an important contribution to a growing corpus on a volatile subject that has generated studies in several disciplines.
- A preliminary analysis of various vocabulary items based on the linguistic corpus obtained suggests that expected dialectical variation exists between and within communities.
- They deserve fuller annotation and analysis than the editor has provided, but are nevertheless welcome additions to the corpus of published epic texts.
- Some linguists have collected large corpora of written or spoken samples of a language, their frequency lists and studies of data made easier by computational processing.
- Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species was not a bolt from the blue: it fitted naturally into, as well as transcending, a corpus of writing on evolution.
- That is the issue where attention to critical thought and the corpus of historical writing in general becomes crucial.
- Within the stomach, the gastrostomy site should be in the middle to distal third of the corpus.
- The former includes the fundus and the rostral two-thirds of the corpus, while the latter constitutes the rest of the corpus, the antrum, and the pylorus.
- The classical way anatomists divide the stomach (fundus, corpus, antrum, and pylorus) makes little sense in terms of motor function.
- We have tried to overcome this drawback by taking biopsy samples from the anterior as well as posterior walls in both the antrum and the corpus.
- Chronic gastritis as well as activity was more prevalent as well as severe in the antrum as compared to the corpus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.