In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(related)correspondientecorresponding to sth — correspondiente a algo
- When landlords allow student housing to deteriorate, there is a corresponding decrease in property value that impacts surrounding properties.
- This choice comes with a corresponding impact on Dahl's character and its portrayal.
- The port that served the corresponding function in the United States at the time of the famine was New York, not Philadelphia.
- There may be circumstances when it is important to be able to estimate the distribution function and the corresponding mean and median values parametrically.
- Their tragic flaw, of course, was the relatively arbitrary assignment of these functions to areas, and the belief in the corresponding shape of the skull.
- The reactive dyes have been characterized by the corresponding color index names and numbers, the chemical class and reactive groups.
- When writing a job description, consider the following examples of job features and corresponding functions.
- To the authors' knowledge, the function of the corresponding genes has not been revealed yet.
- If we combine these two assumptions, it can be assumed that everything performs its function only if it has the corresponding excellence and not evil.
- We cloned the corresponding genes and performed secondary tests to determine their function in chromosome behavior.
- Such an effect suggests that the corresponding proteins are redundant in function.
- Touch one of them, and you are immediately taken to the corresponding page and the data-entry controls are enabled for that function.
- Based on statistical data, the scheduler decides whether the application will be hardware accelerated or whether a corresponding software function is used.
- Whenever it is well formed it shows that the vital energy is flowing smoothly within the person and indicates that the corresponding area of a person's life is functioning soundly.
- He is confident that average grades have risen beyond the corresponding rise in abilities.
- That uniqueness gives space its own operational characteristics - with the corresponding advantages and limitations.
- Without a person developing the corresponding moral character necessary for self-restraint, his liberty is bound to result in the harm of others.
- Just hit the CTRL or SHIFT or ALT button and then the corresponding key to execute the desired function.
- But however familiar nature is, men still feel its transcendent power, along with a corresponding intimation of transcendence in themselves.
- More than most places, its history is marked by a regularity of tyranny and violence - no doubt the legacy of successive invasions and a corresponding inconstancy of rulers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.