In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corroboración femeninothey produced evidence in corroboration of her story — presentaron pruebas que corroboraban su versión
- Without the corroboration of suitable theoretical supports, no intuitive belief can count as more than mere conjecture.
- Based on such evidence, corroboration for the surrogacy hypothesis is low.
- They lack confirmation or corroboration by any reliable empirical evidence.
- But Miss X revealed that the police had systemically failed to seek corroboration of her evidence.
- It is the job of the Crown to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt, and, as in all criminal trials in Scotland, no crime can be proved without corroboration.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.