In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Clinical evaluations were performed by two investigators scoring properties with regard to response rate, cosmetic outcome and adverse effects.
- The shocking gouge in the forehead has been filled in and cosmetic surgery has restored the indentation above the eyebrow.
- Standards in the cosmetic treatment field must be as high as other areas of health care.
- Lacking in the sample was coverage of surgeries performed for only cosmetic purposes.
- So two years ago I decided to explore the possibility of cosmetic surgery.
- It is in the process of moving light-based cosmetic treatments and devices into the home.
- That is what most needs to be removed from the media and our lifestyle: the view that unnecessary and unhealthy plastic surgeries and cosmetic procedures should be applauded.
- Local counterfeit items such as washing detergents, cosmetic creams and lotions, soft drinks and other similar products, now enjoy a growing share of the market.
- It is a plastic surgery technique used to improve the functional and cosmetic appearance of scars.
- There is growing concern from surgeons and nurses that cosmetic surgery and rejuvenation treatments are growing without control.
- In patients with concomitant strabismus, who have compromised or absent binocular fusion, treatment is cosmetic as permanent ocular realignment cannot be expected.
- So who does this very expensive cosmetic treatment benefit?
- Body painting, equally cosmetic and symbolic, is part of traditional attire.
- It is important not to rush into the decision to have any cosmetic treatment.
- Are there people with underlying medical conditions that should not have this type of cosmetic surgery?
- Thus, for example, many indemnity insurers will not pay for elective cosmetic surgeries.
- This procedure is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries performed.
- Their offerings run the whole spectrum, edibles, medicinals, but most important from a cottage industry perspective, the body care and cosmetic market.
- Staying with the body beautiful, cosmetic dentistry is set to become this year's big hitter.
- Confidence in one's own body, going beyond cosmetic appearance, is necessary for this.
- Treatment by surgical excision or physical ablation of the excess tissue may improve cosmetic appearance.
- There are many cosmetic dental treatments you can have to enhance the appearance of your teeth.
- You've thought about having cosmetic nose surgery, but you're unsure if this procedure is for you.
- These include everything from cough syrup to vision correction to certain types of cosmetic surgery and fertility treatments.
- If your Shih Tzu objects strenuously to nail grinding, it is advisable to not force the issue since grinding is mostly for a cosmetic effect.
- An archaeological dig in central London has unearthed a 2,000-year-old pot of cosmetic cream.
- Initially, the effects are reflected as cosmetic problems, which typically show up on the face and body.
- The changes, which could come into force as soon as October, would require cosmetic body piercing businesses to register with local authorities and adhere to by-laws.
- The two to three edible nuts of the seed are eaten raw or roasted; from these, a stable oil is pressed for use in cosmetic creams and as a meat preservative.
- Dr Rodgers runs a thriving practice, usually catering for rich clients seeking plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes.
- Besides it may also lead to reduced masticatory (the ability to chew), joint problems and cosmetic effects.
- Surgical or laser treatment by a cosmetic dermatologist may be considered on an individual basis.
- A variety of facial cosmetic treatments may help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Reconstructive surgery corrects defects or restores function, while cosmetic surgery enhances or improves a person's normal appearance.
- Before she attempted to drop weight, I never found anything wrong with her body on a cosmetic level.
- Most cosmetic plastic surgeries are paid upfront by the patient.
- However, body kits are merely cosmetic alterations.
- In 90 percent of cases, topical vitamin E either had no effect, or actually worsened the cosmetic appearance of scars.
- That's more than all cosmetic surgeries combined.
- Encourage them to keep track of their feelings regarding their pending cosmetic surgery.
- To some extent the removal of differences in influence and importance is cosmetic rather than real.
- The program suggestions were humanistic improvements - albeit cosmetic ones - to early TV fare.
- Each offers a deep rather than cosmetic emphasis on applications.
- The planners' report said the current appearance of the building was very poor and any cosmetic improvement to the building would benefit the wider area.
- Most of the damage is cosmetic rather than structural, but many hotels may not reopen until the end of the year when the busy Christmas season starts.
- Otherwise, this public consultation will be seen as a cosmetic exercise.
- But the purpose and function remains the same: cosmetic improvements cannot reverse the de-humanising effect of the culture.
- But the visit is largely seen as a cosmetic exercise to prove that the disagreement over the delay in the elections has not caused a rift between the governments.
- We're sure there's more to it than that, but the changes seem primarily cosmetic rather than functional.
- Others in the Cabinet believe that even if the exercise is financially cosmetic, the Treasury must be seen to give something.
- If not, then recruitment is only going to be a cosmetic exercise.
- We are concerned that this might be a cosmetic exercise rather than dealing with the real issues.
- The investment in design features is more than cosmetic; it affects the way the reader will experience the text, making this a book to cherish.
- The agenda set by those who participated struck me as a desire for a more cosmetic makeover rather than a radical change for newspapers to make them more relevant to all ages.
- Most of the effects are cosmetic as it only alters the presentation of the numbers rather than affecting crucial numbers like cash flow.
- My editor believes that readers deserve to know the full facts about a review product rather than a cosmetic look at the item.
- The efforts in recent years of successive governments at decentralisation is no more than a cosmetic exercise.
- Most of the feedback focuses on cosmetic changes rather than content.
- The final result, 3-2, was flattering because the two late goals had only a cosmetic effect on a match which had been won in 18 fatal minutes.
- He says the initiative is a cosmetic exercise to bolster the force's reputation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.