In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the cosmos — el cosmos
- She had expected them to eat as if seeking to become one with each grain, to chew the universe and swallow the cosmos.
- Is ‘nature’ the cosmos rendered in anthropomorphic terms?
- It operates within the larger context of the local community and the rhythms and relationship of nature and the cosmos.
- In the space of seven years, the dark-energy revolution has rewritten textbook entries on how the universe operates and what will ultimately happen to the cosmos.
- Those are parts of the cosmos, but not the whole of the cosmos.
- But then on the other hand, the whole cosmos or universe is based on this love or compassion.
- Let us begin with the notion of the universe as cosmos.
- While it is important to note the mutuality of aid among the three estates, it is equally important to note that social ordering, like the ordering of the cosmos as a whole, was firmly hierarchical.
- But even the cosmos as a whole is not seen as the spiritually empty universe of astrophysicists and evolutionists, but the universe understood liturgically and reciprocally as a Cosmic Man.
- This is a unique look at the cosmos and the universe around us.
- Any concern about the human relationship to the planet Earth is a vastly different consideration from that of the human relationship to the cosmos as a whole.
- And this meant that the whole of the cosmos was seen to be informed by a kind of Logos - or divine reason - which was ordering its patterns.
- We respond to the luminous revelations of small transcendences rather than the ungraspable miracles of the universe or the cosmos.
- For a pagan Platonist its particularity seemed scandalously incompatible with divine immutability and with a universal operation of providence in the cosmos as a whole.
- Outer space, the cosmos, is a central element of what is regarded as psychedelic music.
- If we could learn to see mind as an essential rather than accidental aspect of the universe, a whole new sense of the cosmos and of ourselves would follow.
- Mathematical laws drive not only the microworld of atoms - and the forces linking them together - but the whole fabric of the cosmos.
- In this time there arose a widespread belief in the Heat Death of the Universe, the idea that the cosmos as a whole would eventually fizzle out just as a bouncing ball gradually dissipates its energy and comes to rest.
- Their results suggest that the reionization of the cosmos occurred when the universe was 6-7 percent of its current age.
- The Goya concept is inspired by the idea of the cosmos, blending totality with the unspecific.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.