In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
verbo transitivocostarring, costarred
1the movie costars Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman — Humphrey Bogart e Ingrid Bergman coprotagonizan el film
- costarring Peter Lorre — con Peter Lorre
- The movie co-stars Cuba Gooding Jr, Alec Baldwin, Jon Voight, Dan Aykroyd and model James King.
- She appeared in several films, including Zouzou, co-starring Jean Gabin.
- Dracula, which co-stars Justine Waddell, Jonny Lee Miller and Christopher Plummer, brings Bram Stoker's legend forward to the year 2000.
- I also have a rather good one lined up co-starring the Duke of Kent.
- The play, co-starring Timothy West as a bomb-disposal expert, is written by one ‘Terry Mackay’.
- He is currently working on Pay It Forward, which also co-stars 1998 Best Actress winner Helen Hunt.
- I recall seeing her in a very good gangster film set in the south of France and co-starring Rod Steiger and Edward G. Robinson.
- The movie co-stars the likes of previous Coen collaborator, Billy Bob Thornton, as a popular soap opera actor, whom Zeta-Jones hires to pose as a husband, and Geoffrey Rush, as the director of the actor's soap opera.
- Suddenly you're appearing in an arthouse film, directed by Lynn Ramsay, based on the book by Alan Warner and co-starring the serious-about-her-craft Samantha Morton.
- At the moment, Johansson is heading back to London to continue work on Woody Allen's next movie, an as yet untitled comedy co-starring Hugh Jackman.
- He seems not to be enjoying that shoot, a mega-budget production co-starring Jim Caviezel and Richard Harris.
- For the moment he's playing Charlize Theron's father in the forthcoming remake of The Italian Job, co-starring Mark Wahlberg.
- He's finishing up the hotly anticipated ‘King Kong’ which is co-starring Naomi Watts and coming out near Christmas.
- The film co-stars John Alderton and includes a cameo by US talk show host Jay Leno.
- The movie will co-star Johnny Depp as a Scotland Yard detective, his second outing with a magnifying glass after last year's Sleepy Hollow.
- She met Percy while she was preparing to tour America with the play Love Letters, co-starring George Hamilton.
- Keeley is about to start filming the new Michael Winterbottom movie, Tristram Shandy, co-starring Steve Coogan.
- The movie co-stars Emily Watson, Luis Guzman and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- The comedy Olé has just been released in France, and he has also been announced for another Asterix romp, this one co-starring Alain Delon.
- It co-stars Jamie Sives, Bob Hoskins and Brenda Blethyn.
verbo intransitivocostarring, costarred
1to costar (with sb) — actuar (con algn)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.