In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pastel de carne cubierto con purépastel de papas masculinopastel de carne masculino Cono Sur
- Fish and chips, roast rib of beef, cottage pie, potted shrimps, Scotch egg with whisky mayonnaise, egg custard tart - all are revealed in a new and contemporary light.
- My selection was the duck cottage pie, which wasn't quite what I expected.
- He said she would demand that the leftovers from Sunday lunch were recycled during the week, for the creation of dishes such as cottage pie.
- Today, I baked a cottage pie - minced beef, carrots, onions, mushrooms and a topping of mashed potato sprinkled with grated cheese.
- However, I've always found them overly fussy and diverging from the cottage pie of my childhood, so I'd made it my goal to experiment until I found the ideal combination.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.