In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1algodón masculinoalgodón hidrófilo masculinoalgodón en rama masculino
- It was shot through cotton batting that strongly suggests snow.
- The back mounting board was wrapped with the same fabric, although I added cotton batting underneath.
- Choose brushed denim or other durable fabric with several layers of another cotton fabric and cotton batting for padding.
- Shrink cotton batting before use by soaking it in the washing machine filled with warm water.
- I thought about using cotton batting for the snow, but I decided it would present too many manipulation problems for kindergartners.
- Traps were baited each evening 1-2 hours before dark with apple slices and peanut butter, insulated with cotton batting, and encased in cardboard and plastic to protect trapped animals from exposure to weather.
- Sixteen years old, he wears a nylon jacket with round cigarette burns in the shell, dirty cotton batting seeping out.
- Pieces of cotton batting were placed in all traps to keep animals from freezing.
- Beds and chairs on sleeping porches are made from sustainable teak and organic cotton batting and fabric.
- The sculptures and installations involved fabric, Styrofoam, cotton batting, glitter and cardboard - the sorts of materials available at craft shops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.