In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Over the past 18 months the Cougar Network has documented 21 cougars in nine midwestern U.S. states and one Canadian province.
- In Lake County there have been several sightings of a cougar or mountain lion.
- In 2001, two weeks after the state had announced that a few wild cougars might be present, a run-in between car and cougar provided wildlife officials with the first tangible evidence of the cat's existence.
- The island is home to few natural predators (the occasional cougar or midget black bear).
- Central to this proposition is the recovery of existing top predators such as grizzlies, cougars, and wolves.
- Its not unusual for people to see bears, and even cougars, on Burnaby Mountain.
- This was not an African lion but an American mountain lion also known as a cougar or puma, a cat the size of a leopard that was once rare and considered virtually harmless.
- I didn't think anything of it at the time but there were grizzly bears, cougars and who knows what else.
- The massive stone avalanche fell on the scurrying cougar, and forced the big cat to take refuge in the canyon.
- When Europeans settled South Dakota they considered cougars dangerous pests.
- Grizzly bears, cougars, owls, woodland caribou and elk live there.
- Since the early 1990s, researchers have been applying the technique to spectacled bears, cougars, foxes, pine martens, chimpanzees, gorillas, and many other species.
- A bobcat is another wild cat, about half the size of a cougar, with a stubby tail rather than a long one.
- Except for mating pairs, or mothers with kittens, cougars travel alone, hunting roughly a deer a week to survive.
- But except for the Florida felines, as far as one can tell, wild cougars no longer live east of the Mississippi.
- Borrowing a method used to study human demographics, he and his colleagues took samples from 352 cougars in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States and Canada.
- She was the only cougar that lived in the Endless Woods, because cougars were extremely rare in those parts.
- I've trudged through waist deep snow up an Idaho mountain after a cougar.
- Knowing how and where cougars travel and thrive is important to maintaining a healthy cougar population, experts say.
- Their predators include great horned owls, bobcats, cougars, coyotes, and foxes, so wariness is in their blood.
2(woman)mujer cuarentona que busca relaciones de pareja con hombres más jóvenes que ella
- I'm much more relaxed if a girl starts the conversation, and usually only cougars will go and hit on guys.
- It would seem that Brad's mom Paula (Sissy Spacek, Carrie) is also quite the cougar.
- I met a few cougars at the Baron on Main on Friday night.
- She's easily 20 years older than you but she's drinking a Shirley Temple and she's pretty tarted-up, pretty hot - a bona fide cougar.
- And with the greater power and freedom that today's women enjoy, cougars are becoming an increasingly common phenomenon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.