In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tos femeninoto have a cough — tener tos
- smoker's cough — tos de fumador
- to give a cough — carraspear
- before noun cough candy — caramelo para la tos
- cough suppressant — antitusígeno
- cough sweet — caramelo para la tos
- Now is the ideal time to go to an acupuncturist if you want to improve your body's natural defences against winter coughs and colds.
- Not surprisingly, malnourishment and illness like fevers, coughs, malaria, scabies and diarrhoea are common.
- It is helpful for coughs, bronchial spasms, and bronchitis.
- Symptoms of the condition can include a cough, shortness of breath, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue or fever.
- He suffered from bad coughs and colds, but he never smoked or drank heavily.
- It usually starts suddenly with fever, chills, headache, aching muscles and a cough or other respiratory symptoms.
- She had for weeks been suffering from a bad cough and chest infection.
- Why do people bother coming to school when they have coughs that make them sound like sea lions?
- He had a bad cough which he attributed to a lifetime breathing in petrol fumes.
- Second, most coughs and colds are due to viruses.
- My baby has a bad cough and throws up after feeding.
- Add in fever and the fact that my cough has gotten significantly worse in the last two days, and I'm concluding that I have the flu again.
- It stopped the panic attacks, but the cough has gotten worse.
- The person develops a bad cough to get rid of the mucus.
- It has been shown to sooth irritable coughs and other respiratory problems.
- A full set of case notes was found for 58 patients who had X-rays requested because of chest symptoms such as a cough or breathlessness.
- I still have a bad cough as my body rids itself of sickness, but my head feels good.
- With sugar or honey added, it was used for coughs, wheezing and difficult breathing.
- Most were children or the elderly suffering from dermatitis, coughs and respiratory problems, he said.
- In a bath, these oils can help soothe coughs and sore muscles, and calm the nerves.
2Britanico argot(confess)cantar argot
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.