In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1forma de decidir un empate teniendo en cuenta la mejor puntuación en la última etapa de la competencia
- Darwen had 38, but so had Swale AC so a section countback was ordered.
- Teare finished ahead of Steve Palat on a countback after Palat recorded rounds of 79 and 81.
- The competitions were very tight last Saturday and Thursday with countbacks the order of the day, and you had to have 50 pts to win the major trophies.
- The A Grade winner was Harry Mackney on a countback from Dave Beaumont, both in the picture for the final round.
- A very closely contested competition resulted in countbacks having to be employed to decide the first three places.
- Su, who was a model for Christian Dior when she met her husband, actually tied with another woman in the regional final but won the countback on the last nine holes.
- The A Grade winner, Gordon Stovold, won on a countback, from Don Beck.
- Graham Holmes continued a tour de force of Pattaya Golf with yet another Flight victory, this a countback over Steve Weller.
- He still had to wait out a countback with Jim Munns, the B Flight winner before he knew he had copped the big prize of the day.
- England's Ian Peel and Chris Dean took silver in the same event after losing out to Australia on a countback.
- Winner on a countback on 36 points was Richard Devon, ahead of Terry Tucker in second.
- The A Grade winner was, Peter Smith, on a countback from Graham Fenton.
- At the end they drew 42-42 and a countback of all the judges scores had to be done.
- The C grade winner was Peter Swan beating Cyril Wary also on a countback.
- This month's event was no exception and in the tightest of finishes, Ber Shelly emerged as the victor on a countback.
- The club's September medal competition was a close run thing with nine players shooting a nett 67, but after countbacks the honour went to Martyn Robinson.
- Tony Smith was third after a countback after sharing 37 points with Tom Sefton, Mick Addinall and Andrew Cooper.
- She did that in Madrid to tie with Bergqvist at 2.02 and win the World Cup gold on a countback.
- The winner was Tom Durbidge on a countback from Allan Thompson.
- After drawing level on points with a desperate last flurry in the closing seconds of the final round, Lee was beaten on a countback of the punches thrown.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.