In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contrainsurgencia femenino(techniques/tactics/forces) (before noun) contrainsurgente(techniques/tactics/forces) (before noun) de contrainsurgencia
- He receives detailed and painstaking instruction about the various phases and types of conflict, such as counter-insurgency warfare.
- Several years of counter-insurgency drives destroyed the remaining guerrilla bases.
- All counter-insurgency struggles have to be waged at both the military and the political levels.
- Henceforth, the fight would get really dirty, as all counter-insurgency campaigns inevitably must.
- Peasant leaders say their communities are still targeted in a counter-insurgency campaign by the military that intimidates poor, mainly indigenous civilians.
- There are quite a few aircraft like this available, and they are used by many third world countries for border patrol and counter-insurgency.
- His big point is that the US mainly needs counter-insurgency forces and expertise, but instead has ordinary infantry etc.
- It has placed U.S. soldiers in a type of guerrilla war that even many counter-insurgency experts consider impossible to win.
- The counter-insurgency force has a long list of achievements to its credit.
- However, they are very good at peace-keeping, counter-insurgency and all of that traditional imperial constabulary-type work.
- As a recent Amnesty International report makes clear, ‘The use of paramilitaries continues to be integral to the military's counter-insurgency strategy’.
- Much as some may think otherwise, counter-insurgency and its cousin counter-terrorism are old businesses with a lot of history.
- As long as populations are menaced by banditry, civil war, guerrilla campaigns, and counter-insurgency by beleaguered governments, they cannot be secure.
- The main missions of the aircraft, in addition to basic and advanced pilot training, are border patrol and counter-insurgency operations.
- Some much more subtle and effective form of counter-insurgency strategy is necessary.
- The US command also announced that it is stepping up counter-insurgency training for newly arrived officers to give them the latest tactics about protecting patrols from such attacks.
- Among them will be, without question, a large contingent of CIA and special forces operatives whose specialty is counter-insurgency.
- High technology has given U.S. counter-insurgency tactics a punch they didn't have in Vietnam.
- At the same time, British Army doctrine, reflecting many years of patient counter-insurgency operations, had emphasised the need for controlled and accurate fire in the attack.
- As long as populations are menaced by banditism, civil war, guerrilla campaigns and counter-insurgency by beleaguered governments, they cannot be safe and secure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.