In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Could the FBI even lose its own counter-intelligence division?
- They could then test and refine their counter-intelligence strategy by monitoring how the US reacts.
- In doing so we must remain mindful of the important fact that U.S. law distinguishes between domestic criminal law enforcement activity and foreign counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism activity.
- These doctrines address a range of concerns including ambush, spies, maneuver, counter-intelligence, mutiny and force protection.
- The only thing everyone seems to agree on is that counter-intelligence was severely hobbled by the so-called ‘wall’ erected between the CIA and FBI.
- Having used sex, drugs, money or alcohol to get a hold on someone, a counter-intelligence officer can then move on to blackmail when they want to put more of a squeeze on their supply of information.
- But at least it worked, which was important as the FBI had very little counter-intelligence capacity to begin with.
- Since then, counter-intelligence tasks against domestic and foreign rivals have been prioritized over the bureau's other major duties, including investigation of violent crime, white-collar crime, and corruption.
- Our counter-intelligence, which plays a considerable role here, is very fragmented.
- There are biography and filmography profiles for Nicholas Lyndhurst and Clive Francis, and a short history of the MI5 counter-intelligence service.
- The Intelligence Corps also runs the ultra-secret counter-intelligence outfit the FRU, the Force Research Unit.
- Nevertheless, we still encounter failed religious and political homilies that fail our need for counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism.
- The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation is responsible for internal security, for counter-espionage, for counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism.
- A counter-intelligence expert from Bulgaria is in Ireland and due to present his findings to the Bulgarian government next week.
- Cyber crime is even the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's third highest priority, after counter-terrorism and counter-intelligence.
- The Security Service Bureau was established in 1909 to tackle counter-intelligence and threats to security in British territory, and was renamed MI5 in 1916.
- As one of the FBI's top counter-intelligence officers he earned $1.4m from Russia for his spying.
- This is especially so since there will always be more law-enforcement professionals in the FBI than intelligence and counter-intelligence operatives.
- In counter-intelligence, such specific details are not always available.
- Swiss counter-intelligence was very effective, too, and 387 spies, mostly Swiss but including 100 Germans, were captured and brought to trial of whom 17 were executed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.