- It was, however, a neat piece of vocal casting to use Zazzo's counter-tenor to provide an element of contrast in a piece heavy with male roles.
- Kenny sang in a clear and true counter-tenor which entirely befitted the ecclesiastical surroundings and added an appropriate 17th-century sound to the vocal range.
- For me, this final partnership had already produced the most delicate acting and glorious blending of soprano and counter-tenor voice, as delivered by Sarah Tynan and Daniel Taylor.
- I found myself haunted by the beauty of these songs and the crystalline balance of Scholl's counter-tenor with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra's understated accompaniments.
- Of the four singers, the most impressive are the three guest performers, one of whom appears as both counter-tenor and tenor, excelling more with his tenor voice than as a falsettist.