In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The report is expected to raise a question over a faulty coupling on a carriage, and the speed at which the train was travelling - believed to be 2mph over the speed limit.
- The shaft continues towards the stern through couplings and bearings, before disappearing beneath some hull plates.
- It houses the power couplings that transfer energy from the three main reactors to the different areas of the ship.
- The uncoupled coupling swayed slightly back and forth on its slightly rusted hinge.
- Metal from valves, couplings, and other machinery can contaminate solar cells as they are grown from molten silicon, cut into wafers, and finished by adding dopants and attaching contacts.
- The Duplex would eliminate the pounding of the rails and poor riding qualities that came with coupling ten driving wheels to one transmission.
- Each track is driven by a separate hydraulic circuit consisting of one variable-displacement piston pump connected by hose and couplings to a piston motor.
- Slip on a washer and poke the threaded end of the coupling through the hole from the outside.
- Facing large pieces of glass window, he could only use the steel couplings around the windows as his fulcrums.
- He replaced the sheaves and pulleys with a direct coupling.
- Edward followed and saw passing tracks under the coupling of the train.
- The first thing she had to do was re-route a power coupling around a blown booster.
- Deep in the ship's heart three small bombs went off, severing her main power couplings.
- The company manufactures 27 different compression fittings for 15 and 22 mm couplings.
- Steve merely shook his head, reaching forward across the train coupling and grasped the door, yanking hard on it and allowing it to slide off to the right.
- In case of excess torque, the coupling safely slips without damaging the feedthrough.
- This was often caused by high impacts from too fast couplings during switching whereby the car would jump up disturbing the packing.
- Once I had the wall coupling in place, I proceeded to get the gasket on the exhaust.
- The ability to withstand occasional stresses above the yield stress without fracturing is particularly desirable in parts such as freight-car couplings, gears, chains, and crane hooks.
- The walls had been covered with dry wall, but power couplings still dangled from the ceiling where light fixtures would go.
- Angela, for the first time since she set foot on the train, looked at the coupling between the cars.
- The force was such that the train broke one of its couplings and split into two.
- I put my camera pack in one, and we each perched on a coupling between cars, squaring down.
- I confirmed the coupling and brake hose connection, and noted that the cables were not in place.
- But the diesel kept going, because the hostler, not being a trainman, had never thought of trying the coupling.
- The uses of medium carbon-manganese steels include shafts, axles, gears, crankshafts, couplings and forgings.
- It consists of gray or black plastic tubing, joined with plastic couplings, and secured at the fittings with metal compression rings.
- The train's couplings to the broken car detached, and the train sped forward.
1.2British Ferrocarrilesenganche masculino
- This is not to say that coupling is right for everyone: some people are happier alone, and we do them no service by pressuring them to pair off.
- The same is often true of those coupling in semi-private places - such as the beach at night.
- First, we are interested in the effect of diverse forms of coupling, including the distinction between marriage and cohabitation.
- This capacity, when combined with coupling between peak sexual desire and peak fertility, ensures that sex effectively serves both reproductive and social ends.
- We now turn to the question of the effect of these national differences in the forms of coupling and number of partners on sexual activity itself.
- In both sexual union is easily followed by reproduction, and future heterosexual coupling is envisaged as fertile.
- Nonetheless, his choreography, which often features a racially diverse cast, nudity, and same-sex coupling, is not always easily digested by Middle America.
- The telling of our nation's history, however, has included few stories of interracial coupling founded on love or choice.
- In fact, he added some passionate smooching - set not long after the men's initial coupling - that was in neither the short story nor the script.
- Marriage and family theory has always privileged heterosexual coupling.
- An early night allows for uninhibited intimate bodily coupling without worry of being overheard by a child.
- Women continue to earn less than their male counterparts, making female coupling financially disadvantageous for many women.
- It is not known how many lovers he had as he spoke in his memoirs of coupling with several partners.
- The rejection of gay coupling is hardly an expression of family values.
3(combination, linking)combinación femenino
- Bell's brilliant coupling of sound waves and electrical pulsations had given rise to the telecommunications revolution.
- Without this ideological coupling, our consumer behavior might spin wildly out of control.
- This is only achieved by coupling great writing with great delivery.
- Are photography and surrealism such an ‘unnatural coupling,’ as one observer has recently suggested?
- The external device and the implant under the scalp come together by magnetic coupling.
- It also reveals the mechanical coupling that exists between residues.
- However, under normal conditions, the intimate coupling of behavioural rituals and sensory aspects of smoking with nicotine uptake gives ample opportunities for secondary conditioning.
- Such studies are poised to yield a detailed picture of the coupling of protein dynamics to function.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.