1(politeness)cortesía femeninoit is common courtesy — es de (simple) cortesía / de buena educación
- before noun courtesy call / visit — visita de cortesía
- He coaches, organises games and transports the players always with courtesy and efficiency and an abundance of patience.
- Politeness and courtesy are highly valued as aspects of being ‘raised good.’
- With faux courtesy, he politely suggested that Smith was being optimistic.
- But that is not all: it is unfailing courtesy, especially towards the very old and the very young, that makes association with such men such a privilege.
- Values such as respect, courtesy and consideration are the foundations of a civilised society
- The very least he deserved was some respect and courtesy, even if it killed me to be polite.
- Players should also show respect and courtesy to coaches.
- Good humour, mutual respect, courtesy, a certain gentleness with people usually does the trick.
- I have sought to do all this with courtesy, decency and honesty, respecting those who would like me to move faster and those who feel threatened by our moving at all.
- Just as in the off-line world, online there is also an expectation of socially acceptable behavior and common courtesy.
- It's a question of attitude - an attitude of courtesy that does not prevail here.
- Anarchy must not over-ride respect, decency and courtesy on our streets.
- The anonymity of the Internet is a definite negative when it comes to courtesy and good behavior.
- I expect politeness and courtesy towards me as landowner, my family, friends, guests and visitors.
- The waiting staff, very much to their credit, were the epitome of courtesy, politeness and calm, despite being rushed completely off their feet.
- Except that first night at the ball, he had shown her nothing but courtesy and reasonably cultured behaviour, given his background.
- They want lessons in politeness, courtesy, and most of all the correct way to drive a car in traffic.
- He should have politely and with great courtesy informed the Government that he wanted no such State reception.
- They have no courtesy towards road users and commuters.
2(greeting)they exchanged courtesies — se saludaron con las cortesías de rigor
3(favor)atención femeninogentileza femeninobefore noun courtesy bus — autobús de cortesía masculino
- courtesy card — tarjeta de cortesía
- courtesy coach — autobús de cortesía
- courtesy copy — ejemplar de obsequio