In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- On the first day of spring in 1996, our local newspaper ran an article about a local coven of witches.
- Witches have been coming together as covens for centuries because groups have stronger magick than individuals.
- It was a massive castle made of stone and large enough to house almost 20 separate covens, nearly 1,000 witches!
- They all got together to talk about me, it was like a witches coven.
- Spiritual commitment isn't just being Wiccan a few times a month at coven meetings.
- I didn't join a coven that officially declared me a Witch; I just knew.
- I was just about to rid myself of the coven of witches and now they've relaxed themselves back into their seats.
- He travels to a remote island where he uncovers a coven of witches engaged in outdoor orgies and human sacrifice.
- Willow was spending time with the coven of witches in Devon, trying to put her life back together.
- Any Witch who is part of a coven or more specifically a tradition can tell you this.
- It is understood that a coven of witches was held at Rathcroghan Caves on the recent Halloween night.
- I wanted to join a coven so I could learn the magickal arts and celebrate holidays together.
- The classic number of people in a coven is thirteen, but many covens are smaller.
- Welles plays the head of a witches coven, who has his heart set on raising his son from the dead.
- It starts off uniquely enough, with a coven of witches proclaiming their lust for vengeance against a Polish nobleman.
- And just to keep things interesting, Bentley reportedly had a practicing witch - and a coven - for a number of years.
- Still others prefer little traditional covens and within each coven practice can vary.
- They are a diverse group - ranging from gaming clans to virtual covens of the magickal sort.
- To begin with, the local council would be more than a meeting of coven representatives.
- Gardner claimed that in 1939 he had been initiated into one of the last remaining witch covens in Britain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.