In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in magazine) tema de portada masculino(in newspaper) noticia de primera plana femenino
- In a cover story nearly three decades ago, the magazine investigated and editorialized on the issue.
- A front page cover story or a feature spread in a magazine helps boost exposure, thereby boosting potential sales.
- But if Levitt's data is as solid as he makes it out to be, he should be able to get a cover story in a major magazine.
- I wanted to call your attention to the cover story in the latest issue of Style magazine.
- The article is the cover story of the Washington Post Magazine this week.
- David Amsden makes a similar point in his recent New York Magazine cover story.
- By now the trend is prominent enough to have merited a New York Times Magazine cover story.
- God bless Newsweek magazine for running a cover story on the final season of Friends this past week.
- As a matter of fact, it was actually Jonah's magazine that did a cover story a full month ago.
- A recent cover story in an international news magazine described how Asia's highways take a heavy toll.
- You did an excellent cover story in Newsweek magazine this past week.
- Here is the Time magazine cover story on why the French are different, which includes a look at fashion in Paris.
- Time magazine devoted its cover story to the subject two weeks ago.
- In fact, my magazine wrote a cover story with a picture of a light shining into the Oval Office.
- Two weeks later, he wrote about his trip in a cover story for the magazine in London.
- The Atlantic Monthly ran a front cover story and then state senator Tom Hayden held hearings in Sacramento.
- As this month's cover story illustrates, this is an exciting time to be a graduate student in psychology.
- Note - that chart with the prices is from a Time Magazine cover story in 1991.
- In addition to our cover story, this edition features two articles about African American art.
- The trend is the subject of a cover story in this weeks ‘Fortune’ magazine written by yours truly.
2(alibi)pantalla femeninotapadera femenino
- Captain Wise and I both suspected that this was a cover story - it seemed too realistic to be another exercise.
- The cover story and the identity documents carried by Tai and his traveling companions were quickly discovered to be false.
- The presence of such overt intelligence missions also creates plausible cover stories.
- He didn't want that campaign to become public, so he invented a cover story, repeated it under oath, and stuck to it on multiple occasions.
- Despite the time they had spent developing their cover stories, both of them decided to remain illegal and not use their work papers.
- It is easy for an agent to use a plausible cover story to establish connections with an existing cell.
- Several major lies form the basis for the cover story.
- The interrogations impressed some of the group with the importance of remembering the details of their cover stories.
- They also discussed their cover story with the bartender, who was an unwitting accomplice.
- The immigration service failed to spot the hijackers' bogus passports, questionable cover stories and false statements.
- Non-Vietnamese speakers were given Vietnamese identification and cover stories.
- He felt he had to invent a cover story to go around this, to make it believable.
- Perhaps Jessie would be thankful for the cut on her neck if it had helped create a possible cover story for the murder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.