In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(workmate) colega femenino(workmate) compañero de trabajo masculino(workmate) compañera de trabajo femenino(collaborator) colaborador masculino(collaborator) colaboradora femenino
- A few of my co-workers are planning to go to the store during lunch on opening day.
- Let us suppose you have some confidential information that you need to share with a co-worker.
- His commitment to the company and his co-workers is unquestioned, and above all, he fits into the group.
- It had cost her several longstanding friendships and had alienated co-workers.
- One of my co-workers still calls me the wrong name almost every time he sees me.
- The best part of the quiz is that you can send it to your co-workers and friends and find out how they rank as well.
- Until the day he was injured, he says he was welcomed on the job by his co-workers and his company.
- My family knows this, my friends know this, and some of my co-workers know this.
- It's always fun to play some tricks on fellow friends, co-workers, and family members.
- Not only did he get a bumper pay-rise, but he got a huge cash payout because his co-workers were discriminated against.
- Soon it was time to see how audiences not made up of friends and co-workers would react to the band.
- She will also be sadly missed by all her cousins, aunts, uncles and many dear friends and co-workers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.