In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1artesano masculinoartífice masculino
- The Persian kings employed highly skilled craftsmen from all the 23 peoples under their sway.
- The finest craftsmen in Europe could not carve two wooden items to fit together as well as we do.
- At one stage Liberty's also had its own workshops and employed its own craftsmen.
- The few things that could not be produced at home were bought from local craftsmen.
- The British workshops, which employed the local craftsmen, mainly produced sturdy, unadorned Georgian tableware.
- This is often due to the scarcity of skilled builders, craftsmen and gardeners.
- Lower-paid workers include manual laborers, skilled craftsmen, and manufacturing and construction workers.
- Instead of forfeiting quality, Byrnes hired experienced and talented craftsmen to put together full-time specialty crews.
- There artists and craftsmen produced everything from metalwork and furniture to embroideries and mosaics.
- Great to get all those talented craftsmen together under one roof for a much needed showcase for this great sport.
- Residents of Bansko have prepared gifts of souvenirs made by the local craftsmen.
- The church is rich in marble and murals carved and constructed by Italian craftsmen.
- He was a gifted craftsman and carpenter and his expertise was much sought after in the Tubbercurry and surrounding areas.
- Come listen to a master craftsman work his trade as only he can.
- Gerry was a very talented craftsman who could turn his hand to any job and did excellent work.
- The emperor also sought the skills of expert craftsmen from other cities and countries.
- The temples require urgent restoration by skilled craftsmen who work on heritage structures.
- Vegetables, too are welcome garnishes, and they don't have to be carved by a master craftsman.
- The centrepiece of this colourful quarter is the magnificent Chinese Arch, built by the finest craftsmen of Beijing.
- Our country has the pride of having master craftsmen who carve out exquisite products with their deft hands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.